MN8 Energy is one of the largest independent solar energy and energy storage owner-operators in the U.S., serving enterprise customers with clean energy and complementary solutions, such as battery storage and EV Charging, to enable an electrified, decarbonized world. Originally founded inside of Goldman Sachs in 2017, our fleet has grown to nearly 3-gigawatts of solar, including 850 projects across 27 states, and over 270 megawatts of battery storage projects, with each project tailored to achieve the bold decarbonization targets and goals of our more than 200 blue-chip customers. MN8 is headquartered in New York with offices in Boca Raton, Florida and Madrid.
As the Permitting Manager, you will:
- Manage the permitting process associated with wind, solar and battery storage projects from start to finish.
- Manage consultations and interactions with permitting entities and stakeholders to obtain all permits requires for successful project development.
- Support and engage with internal parties to communicate schedule, cost, risk and commitments.
- Manage consultants throughout project development to ensure quality deliverables and maintain overall schedule.
- Engage in permitting and environmental review efforts associated with greenfield development as well as review for potential portfolio acquisitions.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as environmental sciences, or a related discipline.
- 5 + years’ experience in renewable energy permitting and environmental review, preferably in the solar sector. Experience with utility-scale projects is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to evaluate complex data and make informed decisions.
- Familiarity with renewable energy technologies and regulatory frameworks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal teams, external stakeholders, and regulatory authorities.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel as required for project site visits and meetings.
What MN8 Energy Offers You:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) with competitive employer match
- Flexible hybrid work schedule including a “work from anywhere” allocation
- Parental leave
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now