Lead Software Product Owner – EV Charging
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Department: Tech Ops - Engineering
MN8 Energy is one of the largest independent solar energy and energy storage owner/operators in the U.S., serving enterprise customers with clean energy and complementary solutions, such as battery storage and EV Charging, to enable an electrified, decarbonized world. Originally founded inside of Goldman Sachs in 2017, our fleet has grown to nearly 3-gigawatts of solar, including 850 projects across 27 states, and over 270 megawatts of battery storage projects, with each project tailored to achieve the bold decarbonization targets and goals of our more than 200 blue-chip customers. MN8 is headquartered in New York with offices in Boca Raton, Florida and Madrid.
The Lead Software Product Owner – EV Charging will report to the Head of Engineering and work in a team environment, on a variety of engineering projects related to EV Fast Charging Stations or EV Fast Charging Stations hybridized with solar and storage both. The Lead Software Product Owner – EV Charging position will touch on all aspects of reviewing and creating strategic applications development with our software OEM to support the creation of building a customized backend charging infrastructure management system. The Lead Software Product Owner – EV Charging will be responsible in developing API application tools and integration of 3rd party hardware on the backend platform working with different utilities, hardware OEM, fleets and navigation providers to create a robust management system as CPO and eMSP features.
As the Lead Software Product Owner, you will:
- Leading the efforts to provide technical due diligence with outside software vendors on onboarding and implementing CPMS platform and serve as a technical SME for customizing a platform for MN8 Energy.
- Conduct outside research on available product offerings for CPMS and eMSP platforms and integrate various API tools to our existing software roadmap for E-mobility initiative.
- Develop technical documents and standards and application examples using 3rd party platforms and vendors.
- Lead technical discussions with hardware engineering group and CPMS provider to onboard DC fast charging hardware on the platform via OCPP framework.
- Develop and conduct tests on various software applications and use cases for the functionality and validation of features and provide solutions to problems and software bugs.
- Verify and test codes for high quality UI based applications-mobile and web and develop functional tools to meet company’s requirements.
- Lead the efforts on all phases of initial RFP, development, and implementation of customized solution for the MN8 E-infrastructure network.
- Plan, perform and document unit tests.
- Analyze test results and present findings at technical design reviews to ensure design robustness, efficiency, future maintainability, and supportability.
- Proactively evaluate third party and open-source software modules.
- Support software QA, help to resolve site deployment issues.
- Ability to operate in an AGILE development environment, breaking down large feature deliverables into actionable items for developers
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of three years of software backend development experience.
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Java, C++, python, PHP, objective-C. Linux experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of API protocols and standards like XML, JSON, SOAP.
- Familiarity with Framework like Spring, Code Igniter
- Strong knowledge on interfacing with OCPP protocols
- Strong knowledge on OOPS And Angular.
- Experience working with software tools like Jira, BitBucket/Git, Confluence, etc
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and determination to complete difficult projects.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Highly developed sense of professional ethics.
- Ability to work both on a team as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to interface effectively with cross functional employee group of all levels and competencies.
- Commitment to quality.
How we set you up for success:
At MN8, we know our most valuable resource is our people. That’s why we offer the following benefits. By investing in you, we know we are investing in the clean energy of tomorrow.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) with competitive employer match
- Hybrid work schedule including a “work from anywhere” allocation
- Parental leave
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital or familial status.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now