Control Room Operator
Location: Dallas, TX
Department: Asset Operations
MN8 Energy is one of the largest independent solar energy and energy storage owner-operators in the U.S., serving enterprise customers with clean energy and complementary solutions, such as battery storage and EV Charging, to enable an electrified, decarbonized world. Originally founded inside of Goldman Sachs in 2017, our fleet has grown to nearly 3-gigawatts of solar, including 850 projects across 27 states, and over 270 megawatts of battery storage projects, with each project tailored to achieve the bold decarbonization targets and goals of our more than 200 blue-chip customers. MN8 is headquartered in New York with offices in Boca Raton, Florida; Dallas, Texas, and Madrid.
The Control Room Operator is responsible for 24×7 remote operations of MN8’s renewable fleet across the country. This includes monitoring and operational support via SCADA and CMMS systems. Following established processes and procedures to ensure proper and safe operations. Identifying and efficiently dispatching personnel to correct deficiencies. Communicating with external parties to such as Scheduling Coordinators, Transmission Operators and other various regulatory personnel. Additionally, Control Room Operators are responsible for ensuring all NERC regulations and requirements are met. All remote operations will be performed from the Dallas, Tx Office.
As the Control Room Operator, you will:
- Monitoring and operating sites as directed by procedures and Operational Directives.
- Utilize provided information to make decision with financial impact to the company.
- Interacting with Field personnel, Grid Operators, and our customers.
- Ensure all identified site issues have a corresponding, properly documented ticket within the CMMS.
- Review and ensure Logging of regulatory calls, resets and all other items not handled by the CMMS system.
- Investigate and escalate identified issues to Performance Engineering as required.
- Ensure operation and maintenance activities meet or exceed contractual obligations. (e.g. performance and availability guarantees, preventive maintenance, reactive response times, landscape management, panel washes, non-conformity correction, etc.)
- Provide information and support to dispatched field personnel to ensure successful site response.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as determined by the manager.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- 2-Year technical degree, Military experience in a technical field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Operational knowledge of solar, storage, or EV charging.
- Knowledge and understanding of solar plant construction and comprehension of how onsite equipment interacts with the overall plant.
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- Experience in SCADA systems, PLC, or plant control systems.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Experience in plant operations and control rooms.
- Experience in Generator Operator, Scheduling Coordinator, or Transmission Operator is preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical theory.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite to include word, excel, OneNote, and outlook.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to make decisive decisions based on available information when support personnel are not available.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk distances up to 5 miles in a day.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication, and to act upon as needed.
- Required to have visual acuity which includes depth perception.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- May be required to travel.
- Required to work in office conditions.
- Required to perform all duties in-office.
- Required to work 4×10 work week on a Day, Swing, or Night shift; To include Holidays and Weekends.
- Work in a fast-changing environment that may require quick decisions with limited processes and procedures.
How we set you up for success:
At MN8, we know our most valuable resource is our people. That’s why we offer the following benefits. By investing in you, we know we are investing in the clean energy of tomorrow.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) with competitive employer match
- Parental leave
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now