Back to all career opportunities
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Department: Tech Ops - Engineering
Work type: Full-time
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 8 years of experience in Solar Engineering with an excellent understanding of solar project technical characteristics. The Storage Engineer will Lead Solar and Storage Engineering functions under MN8 Operations reporting to the VP of Technical Operations.
- Supervise in-house team of three (3) or more engineering resources focused on Performance, Solar and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
- Develop and manage relationships with Solar and BESS engineering consulting firms supporting RPG
- Coordinate the support in-house or thru consulting firms of different Operation in the following work-streams:
- Technical evaluation of new acquisition opportunities supporting the Due Diligence (DD) team
- Development and review of design and engineering packages for new build projects supporting the Project Execution (PE) team
- Development and review of design and engineering packages for Solar or Storage systems in the RPG fleet supporting the Asset Management (AM) team
- Develop and manage specific tools to support efficient sizing, preconstruction and bidding of BESS
- Support by directly performing or by managing consulting firms the Due Diligence (DD) team in the technical evaluation of new acquisition opportunities involving Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS). Such evaluation will include work-streams such as:
- Review of As-built/IFC engineering drawings
- Review of Performance reports/operating data
- Review of Equipment manuals and warranty information
- Prepare value engineering and risk analysis in support of acquisition bids
- Support by directly performing or by managing consulting firms the Project Execution (PE) team after acquisition by coordinating design and engineering involving BESS in work-streams such as:
- Prepare value engineering and risk analysis
- Direct and regularly interact with third party engineering provider or EPC and supervise the work from such resources in the development of IFC drawing sets
- Support technical RFI and Changer Order requests
- Coordinate with equipment vendors on all technical matters related to the key equipment for a given project
- Support commissioning of new built sites
- Support by directly performing or by managing consulting firms the Asset Management (AM) team during operations phase by coordinating design and engineering involving BESS in work-streams such as:
- Review and opine on site repair request
- Review and opine on incident events
- Evaluate equipment replacement/repowering options
- Direct and regularly interact with third party engineering provider supervise the work from such resources in the development of repair/repower/replacement drawing sets
- Support technical troubleshooting
- Gather technical lessons learned from DD, PE and AM interaction and update/improve GSRP Design Standards for Solar and BESS systems from time to time
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers of BESS equipment as well as regularly evaluate their product pipeline
- Identify and evaluate technical enhancement opportunities working in conjunction with DD, PE and AM teams and other RPG teams
- Support Project Management Office (PMO) team in the development and improvement of technical related processes
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Solar Engineering with excellent understanding of solar project technical characteristics.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in BESS Engineering with excellent understanding of solar project technical characteristics.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience leading engineering teams
- Engineering BSc Degree required; Masters preferred
- Expert knowledge of renewable energy engineering documents
- Working knowledge of key renewable energy document types: project agreements and permits
- Proficient in: HomerPro, AutoCAD, PVsyst, PlantPredict, Helioscope, Excel, Word, Smartsheet
- Very organized and able to multitask effectively
- Good communicator both written and verbal skill
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team and 3rd party resources
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and determination to complete difficult projects.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Highly developed sense of professional ethics.
- Ability to work both on a team as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Commitment to quality.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now