Sr. Payroll Analyst
Location: Dallas, TX
MN8 Energy is one of the largest independent solar energy and energy storage owner-operators in the U.S., serving enterprise customers with clean energy and complementary solutions, such as battery storage and EV Charging, to enable an electrified, decarbonized world. Originally founded inside of Goldman Sachs in 2017, our fleet has grown to nearly 3-gigawatts of solar, including 850 projects across 27 states, and over 270 megawatts of battery storage projects, with each project tailored to achieve the bold decarbonization targets and goals of our more than 200 blue-chip customers. MN8 is headquartered in New York with offices in Boca Raton, Florida and Madrid. For more information: mn8energy.com
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Senior Payroll Analyst to join our client’s team and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of hourly payroll processing. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of federal and state wage and hour laws, overtime rules, multi-state processing, prevailing wages, and cost/project tagging. They will be responsible for reviewing and processing hourly payroll data, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, and resolving employee payroll issues. Energy industry and union payroll experience is highly preferred.
As the Sr. Payroll Analyst, you will:
· Accurately process hourly payroll for all employees, including overtime calculations, prevailing wage determinations, and cost/project tagging.
· Review and verify employee timesheets, attendance records, and other payroll-related documentation.
· Maintain accurate payroll records and ensure compliance with all federal and state wage and hour laws.
· Investigate and resolve employee payroll discrepancies and concerns promptly.
· Process payroll deductions, including taxes, benefits, and garnishments.
· Prepare and distribute payroll reports on a regular basis.
· Conduct audits of payroll records to ensure accuracy and compliance.
· Train new payroll staff on payroll procedures and policies.
· Stay current on changes to federal and state wage and hour laws.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred.
· ADP experience or Salesforce a plus.
· 5+ years of experience in hourly payroll processing.
· Strong understanding of multi-state payroll processes.
· Experience collecting hours worked in multiple states for multiple employees; proficient in legal requirements of employment law for specific states.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel (vlookups and pivot tables).
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Detail-oriented and highly organized.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How we set you up for success:
At MN8, we know our most valuable resource is our people. That’s why we offer the following benefits. By investing in you, we know we are investing in the clean energy of tomorrow.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) with competitive employer match
- Hybrid work schedule including a “work from anywhere” allocation
- Parental leave
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now