Senior Manager, Wholesale Markets Policy
Location: New York, NY
Department: Revenue & Commodities
This hire would be on MN8’s regulatory and government affairs team and would lead the policy work around competitive markets (ISO/RTOs). They would be the policy principal on both advocacy and commercial diligence work being done by the regulatory and government affairs team related to ISOs/RTOs as well as at FERC.
This hire would spend much of their time engaged in ISO/RTO/FERC processes leading MN8’s advocacy on topics such as:
- Resource adequacy issues, such as capacity accreditation; demand curves; market structure; and market power mitigation rules
- Ancillary services issues, such as demand curves; product definitions; and eligibility criteria
- Transmission system planning issues, such as planning processes; evaluation criteria; cost containment; and cost allocation
- Generator interconnection issues, such as queue processes; study criteria; and cost allocation
Additionally, they would provide policy diligence support to multiple teams at MN8 driving commercial strategy, including providing inputs and strategic insights to support M&A activity, greenfield development strategy, storage retrofit opportunities, and other commercial and strategic work.
- 6+ years of experience in the energy sector, with a preference for experience with ISO/RTO market rules and power market modelling
- Bachelor’s degree is a requirement, with a preference for technical backgrounds (e.g., economics, engineering, math, etc.); more advanced education is valued but not necessary
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate technical information and strategic goals
- Highly analytical with ability to logically think through complex economic and technical concepts
- Proactive and forward-thinking attitude and creative problem-solving ability
- A motivated self-starter who can work independently in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
In New York City, the base salary for this position at the time of this posting ranges from $140,000 to $160,000. Within that range, individual compensation varies based on job-related factors including but not limited to experience and training, licensure and certifications and other business and organizational needs.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now