SCADA Sr Engineer
Location: Madrid, Spain
Department: Tech Ops - Engineering
Work type: Full-time
As SCADA Senior Engineer, you will be responsible to structure and review SCADA design for C&I and utility scale PV and BESS projects. This includes the power plant controller, data acquisition system, solar PV controls/met stations, and BESS energy management system. Ensuring all aspects are fully incorporated into the design (Offtaker/dispatch signals, cybersecurity, reliability, project control modes, etc.). This role may involve coordinating with multiple SCADA and equipment vendors to design the system together including functional design specifications, points lists, test plans, etc.
- Structure and review SCADA design for C&I and utility scale PV and BESS projects, including the power plant controller, data acquisition system, solar PV controls/met stations, and BESS energy management system. Ensure all aspects are fully incorporated into the design (Offtaker/dispatch signals, cybersecurity, reliability, project control modes, etc.). This may involve coordinating with multiple SCADA and equipment vendors to design the system together including functional design specifications, points lists, test plans, etc.
- Lead SCADA analysis and troubleshooting, including but not limited to working inside the SCADA interface (web-based and local HMI); modify programs and configuration of SCADA devices to update data maps, user displays, and program logic
- Assist in management of energy regulatory approvals (CAISO, FERC, CEC, EIA etc.)
- Review technical documentation (SCADA Contract, equipment specifications, warranties, studies, drawings, etc.) during due diligence and construction stage
- Assist in managing and reviewing deliverables outlined within PPA, Interconnection Agreement, CA ISO New Resource Implementation Process, etc.
- Review and understand protection system operations and assist in identifying root causes
- Lead in developing Internal security standards for operations of existing fleet.
- Work with owner’s engineering and independent engineering efforts with third party firms for all SCADA related items, including scope and schedule coordination and technical oversight
- Support driving the projects in due diligence and in construction to completion per schedule
- Perform research on new technologies and help in identifying solutions for optimization
- Support technical review of inputs to financial models
- Work with SCADA equipment vendors on technical design, procurement, FAT, test simulations, and other related items
- Work with EPC on SCADA schedule, construction, SAT, commissioning, capacity testing, and other related items
- Continuous process improvement through technical spec / documentation, workflow, vendor relationships, and other related items
- Interface and coordinate with external parties including Off-Takers/ISO/TSO SCADA support staff, OEM SCADA support staff, and third-party communication technicians
- Minimum of two (2) years of SCADA engineering experience in renewable projects
- BS in Computer/Electrical Engineering or other engineering-related discipline
- Strong knowledge in relevant codes and standards including cyber-security best practices
- Strong knowledge in SCADA architecture, reliability, control modes, and data monitoring
- Ability to work fluidly between different project stages and have strong analytical skills
- Experience reviewing technical and due diligence documentation
- Understanding of PV and battery operations, risks, and troubleshooting as it relates to SCADA implementation
- Understanding of technical operations/design impacts to the project financial drivers
- Field experience during installation and commissioning of PV and/or BESS is a major plus
- Ability to communicate between different counterparties involved during engineering phase
- Flexibility to perform other tasks that are not part of the position’s core responsibilities
- Experience in control programming (ie. ladder) and the prevalent controls programming platforms (SEL, GE, etc.)
- Experience in enterprise O&M setup a plus
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office tools and other relevant technology platforms
- Highly developed sense of professional ethics.
- Ability to work both on a team as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to interface effectively with cross functional employee group of all levels and competencies.
- Commitment to quality.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now