Operations Center Manager
Location: Dallas, TX
Department: Asset Operations
MN8 Energy is one of the largest independent solar energy and energy storage owner-operators in the U.S., serving enterprise customers with clean energy and complementary solutions, such as battery storage and EV Charging, to enable an electrified, decarbonized world. Originally founded inside of Goldman Sachs in 2017, our fleet has grown to nearly 3-gigawatts of solar, including 850 projects across 27 states, and over 270 megawatts of battery storage projects, with each project tailored to achieve the bold decarbonization targets and goals of our more than 200 blue-chip customers. MN8 is headquartered in New York with offices in Boca Raton, Florida and Madrid.
The Operations Center Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Operations Center. This includes evaluating processes and procedures used to ensure that the monitoring of the SCADA and DAS platforms accurately identify issues, tickets are accurately annotated in the CMMS, and field personnel is correctly dispatched to ensure the top performance of the fleet. Additionally, the Operations Center Manager is responsible for ensuring all NERC regulations and requirements are being met.
As the Operations Center Manager, you will:
- Demonstrate integrity, initiative, and work ethic, as well as a commitment to safety and quality on all tasks assigned, on a continuous basis.
- Complete all safety training as required by the company.
- Ensure that operations and maintenance activities meet or exceed all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensure operation and maintenance activities meet or exceed contractual obligations. (e.g. performance and availability guarantees, preventive maintenance, reactive response times, landscape management, panel washes, non-conformity correction, etc.)
- Continue to define and refine policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement of the Operation Center efficiency and Key Performance Indicators.
- Coordinate and assist Regional Managers in communications with Asset Managers and external customers regarding site responses and issue tracking.
- Ensure all Monitoring Operators and Call Agents are trained to efficiently identify production issues through the use of SCADA and DAS platforms.
- Ensure all identified site issues have a corresponding, properly documented ticket within the CMMS.
- Review and ensure daily deployment schedules are issued to field personnel through the CMMS system.
- Ensure all issues which need further investigation are escalated to Performance Engineering.
- Perform quality control on CMMS data integrity, ensuring all fields are complete and correct.
- Provide information and support to dispatched field personnel to ensure successful site response.
- Any other duties and responsibilities may be determined by the manager.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Proven experience as a business manager or relevant role.
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and CMMS systems.
- Proven experience understanding and implementing NERC regulations.
- Knowledge of human resource management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic economic and accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of solar plant construction and comprehension of how onsite equipment interacts with the overall plant.
Physical Requirements: This role has the following physical requirements.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk distances up to 5 miles in a day.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations of sound.
- Required to have visual acuity which includes depth perception.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Other Requirements: This role will also be required to accomplish the following.
- May be required to travel.
- Required to work in office conditions.
- Required to be in the assigned office more than 75% of the time.
- Work in a fast-changing environment that may require quick decisions with limited processes and procedures.
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now