Manager, Asset Management
Location: Madrid, Spain
Department: Asset Operations
As Senior Asset Manager, you will play an instrumental role in managing investments in renewable energy assets. You can expect to be given significant and cross-function responsibility to manage such assets, and be exposed to high-profile transactions within a growing, entrepreneurial business. To be successful as an asset manager you should be strategically minded with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This role will be based in Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid).
As the Asset Manager, you will:
- Manage and own all aspects of the commercial, technical, and financial management of operating assets
- Monitor and execute on contractual and regulatory compliance matters related to operating assets.
- Collaborate with and drive internal and external stakeholders supporting the management and operation of the assets
- Track technical and financial metrics to maximize asset performance and drive operational improvements
- Own the P&L and manage accounting support group to ensure proper books and records of operating assets
- Establish and manage relationships with key project counterparties relationships, including but not limited to off-takers, site hosts, equity investors, lenders, and regulatory contacts
- Laisse with O&M group on an on-going basis to ensure compliance with service contracts and project requirements as well as HSE and regulatory policies
- Support development and implementation of best practices and new processes or tools to improve the group’s operational efficiency and maximize resource utilization
- Support business development, finance, and due diligence teams (among others) on project acquisitions and financial transactions as required
- Prepare and manage annual operating plans for assets under management in collaboration with other operations group
- Support annual audit, tax preparation and other corporate reporting requirements
- Collaborate with other groups to properly on-board assets into the platform to ensure proper transition of assets to the asset management group
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of two (4) years of experience in asset management or operations of solar PV or other renewable assets
- Engineering, business, finance, or otherwise relevant bachelors’ degree. MBA or equivalent advanced technical or financial degree would be plus.
- Strong understanding of operation, management, and financing of solar PV or other renewable assets
- Technical expertise in solar photovoltaics or renewable assets to be able to successfully carry out key responsibilities of the position
- Asset Management experience with Utility Scale BESS would be plus.
- Baseline understanding of business, accounting, tax, and financial matters
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively engage external stakeholders in discussions and negotiations pertaining to asset operations
- Excels in planning and organization of tasks and can execute on plans
- Highly driven, motivated and self-starter that excels in a team environment
- Flexibility and proactivity to perform other tasks that are not part of the position’s core responsibilities but add value to the team
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now