Junior Project Accountant
Location: Madrid, Spain
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the accounting operations department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the group’s accounting data, system, and processes.
Execution of accounting closing tasks and preparing financial statements for the assigned renewable energy portfolios within the MN8 Group, under American accounting policies (US GAAP) and SOX control environment, are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
Junior Accountant will report to managers or senior managers.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded for projects and assigned companies.
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations.
- Monthly preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Assist with reviewing of expenses
- Calculation and recording of monthly, quarterly, and annual accruals.
- Review and analysis of intra-group items.
- Monthly preparation of account reconciliations under corporate criteria.
- Support for the determination of excess of cash for subsequent distribution.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit monthly reports
- Analysis of the monthly closing and evaluation of the financial statements of the projects and companies assigned, including an analysis of budget deviations.
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Support to internal requests from other departments, as well as external auditors.
- Assist with other accounting projects
- English advanced level.
- Proven experience as a junior accountant (2 years at least). Experience in renewable energy field is a plus but not required.
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- High ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in business administration, economy, accounting, or a related field.
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. If you need assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability, please let us know during your application process.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now