IT Solutions Business Partner for Renewable Energy Operations
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Department: Information Technology
Working within our Digital Solutions team, you will partner with our operations business units and act as a trusted advisor to them. Acting as the main point of contact for IT in front of our business, you will help to maximize the value from IT investments, capabilities, and assets to support our Operations business strategy. MN8 Renewable Energy Operations comprises: Project Development, Technical Operations, Asset Management and Project Support Office.
This Senior Manager position will report to the Head of Digital Solutions and will lead a team of IT Operations SME and IT Project Managers.
The primary purpose of the IT Business Partner is to lead the digital agenda for the business. Acting in partnership to drive the strategic and tactical digital account plans and deliver business value. This role will ensure delivery of IT road maps to agreed time and budget in line with business strategy.
We need people with a high degree of enthusiasm and energy. It’s a unique challenge, in a newly created position which requires outstanding leadership competencies.
- Maintain the Operations / stakeholders digital roadmap and implement stakeholder engagement and communications plans.
- Identify and understand Operations needs and opportunities, both short and long-term, gaining agreement to conclusions and recommendations.
- Work together with the Operations business unit to transform into IT demands those new needs or improvement areas where the technologies can add value, and decide whether they can be fulfilled using the current catalogue of services, or a change or a new service is required.
- Propose responses to meet short and long-term demands identifying business value and ensuring alignment with corporate strategy and business priorities.
- Direct the creation and review of the digital strategy and plans to support the strategic requirements of Operations.
- Ensure that stakeholders understand and agree on what will meet their digital needs, and that appropriate agreements are defined.
- Facilitate decision-making and planning by supporting the preparation of business cases including cost / benefits, impact, and risk analysis.
- Identify specific metrics and mechanisms to measure benefits and plans. Monitors benefits against what was predicted in the business case.
- Work and engage with Service Managers, Program and Project Managers, Cyber Security and other internal and external resources to ensure business requirements are accurately reflected and business needs are met.
- Participate on governance boards and decision forums when required and assist in creating new capabilities or services if needed.
- Support the identification, evaluation, and adoption of new or existing technologies to improve business processes.
- Contribute to creativity and innovation by staying on top of industry and technology trends.
- Trips and short stays (a week) in the US / Spain would be required from time to time and depending on the IT projects scheduling.
- Hands-on approach required. During the first stages of the role deployment, it will be necessary to perform as a PM.
- Spanish as a second language highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and / or Master’s with relevant IT or Computer science background.
- IT processes frameworks (ITIL, CobIT, ….).
- Strong US Renewable Operations and US Renewables regulation background is a must.
- Exceptionally collaborative, flexible, and adaptable when working with customers and various teams.
- Relevant experience in IT delivery and managing international AM vendors setting SLAs.
- Experience of managing distributed IT teams in different countries and time zones.
- Experience of managing a range of projects or programs.
- Relevant experience managing requirements through the entire delivery and operational life cycle.
- PMP or Agile methodologies certificates will be a plus.
- CMMS deployment, CPMS, and OT& IoT experience will be a plus.
- Background in deployment and support of:
- Engineering tools: PVsyst, ArcView…
- Asset performance management (APM) software solutions for renewable assets (PowerFactors, AlsoEnergy).
- Jobsite Management for construction (FielWire.)
- Renewable Asset Management Software (QBi)
- O & M tools
- Data analytics background is a plus.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now