Hardware Lead Engineer-EVSE/Inverters
Location: Madrid, Spain
Department: Tech Ops - Engineering
MN8 Energy is one of the largest independent solar energy and energy storage owner-operators in the U.S., serving enterprise customers with clean energy and complementary solutions, such as battery storage and EV Charging, to enable an electrified, decarbonized world. Originally founded inside of Goldman Sachs in 2017, our fleet has grown to nearly 3-gigawatts of solar, including 850 projects across 27 states, and over 270 megawatts of battery storage projects, with each project tailored to achieve the bold decarbonization targets and goals of our more than 200 blue-chip customers. MN8 is headquartered in New York with offices in Boca Raton, Florida and Madrid.
As Hardware Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for technology due diligence, selection, product analysis and troubleshooting system components spanning power, controls and communications elec tronics modules for EV hardware and Solar/Storage Inverters/PCS. You will report to Head of Engineering-Tech Ops and play a significant role in EV hardware selection, product research and design and implementation for EV network rollout. You will be also playing a SME role for analysis and troubleshooting and reviewing RCAs and issues pertaining to Solar/Storage Inverters/ PCS technologies.
As the Hardware Lead Engineer, you will be:
- Responsible for the research, due diligence and technical analysis of overall EV hardware selection and its system components including power electronics, controls electronics and communication modules.
- Create internal benchmark standards to test, characterize, validate and analyze various technical product offerings for EV charging system and Inverter/PCS technologies.
- Be the lead liaison for hardware integration and test setups for implementing on nationwide rollouts with an established CPMS providers.
- Lead the technical initiatives to push technology adaptation for cooling systems approach and its thorough due diligence and analysis from safety, efficiency, and reliability standpoints.
- Contribute to development and improvements for firmware updates and rollouts in EV charging systems.
- Work collaboratively with Software Lead, Project Engineering, QA/QC teams and O&M teams on product releases, improvements, service support and technical applications engineering lead.
- Responsible for analysis of microprocessor-controlled circuits and its electrical and thermal design considerations.
- Develop technical specifications of EV dispenser and power cabinets/stations architecture at component level and system level for implementation and integration with software platform
- Develop and analyze testing standards and variables for interoperability testing requirements and compatibility design tests.
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Power Electronics or related field is required with a minimum of 3 years in power electronics hardware design and development background. Master’s degree preferred with strong prior experience in EV hardware charging industry and/or Inverters OEM background.
- Strong knowledge in power converter controls, communication and system modeling is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge on all applicable US codes and standards including but not limited to UL, ISO, IEC, SAE and IEEE.
- Strong experience in Electrical systems integration and Embedded Software programming
- Strong knowledge in reviewing and analyzing RCAs and technical background on controls board architecture, manufacturing, sourcing and component drivers.
- Background in EVSE hardware cable cooling systems technology.
- Must have a very strong analytical skills with an inquisitive engineering problem solving mindset.
- Ability to travel up to 20% is required, both domestically and internationally
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now