Location: Delray Beach, FL
Department: Project Support Organization
MN8 Energy is one of the largest independent solar energy and energy storage owner-operators in the U.S., serving enterprise customers with clean energy and complementary solutions, such as battery storage and EV Charging, to enable an electrified, decarbonized world. Originally founded inside of Goldman Sachs in 2017, our fleet has grown to nearly 3-gigawatts of solar, including 850 projects across 27 states, and over 270 megawatts of battery storage projects, with each project tailored to achieve the bold decarbonization targets and goals of our more than 200 blue-chip customers. MN8 is headquartered in New York with offices in Boca Raton, Florida and Madrid.
The Environmental Manager is responsible for supporting the Company and the Head of EHS in leading the development, implementation, management, and continuous improvement of the Company’s EHS program and performance. This position is responsible for ensuring that MN8 Energy companies are complying all EHS (e.g. CWA, CAA, ESA, OSHA, EPA, DOT) legal requirements, applicable industry standards (e.g. ISO, ANSI, NFPA, CGA), and company requirements. The Environmental Manager will serve as a subject matter expert on environmental compliance requirements.
As the Environmental Manager, you will:
- Lead by example and provide subject matter expertise on environmental topics ensuring industry best practice.
- Provide assistance across all Company locations to ensure compliance with environmental requirements, which may include but not limited to:
- Leading and/or coordinating environmental projects,
- Performing site audits and inspections,
- Conducting environmental training development and delivery,
- Recommending or coordinating corrective actions,
- Serving on committees or project teams,
- Interfacing with regulatory agencies and contractors,
- Tracking and analyzing EHS data, and
- Similar tasks as assigned.
- Conduct environmental audits and inspections to help ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, to include those set by EPA, other regulatory agencies, industry standards, and the company.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the environmental program implementation by sites / crews, make recommendations, and ensure corrective action(s) are implemented based on industry standards and best practices.
- Develop and deliver effective environmental training programs to meet legal and Company requirements and to ensure team member competency / qualification.
- Coordinate periodic assessments (e.g. environmental site assessments, burrowing owl surveys, etc.) to reduce Company risk, support internal processes, and meet legal/permitting requirements.
- Ensure all unplanned events (incidents) are investigated to determine the root cause(s) and appropriate corrective actions are implemented to eliminate or reduce future events.
- Assist in, and / or facilitate, the investigation of environmental, health, and safety unplanned events (incidents).
- Develop, review, coordinate, and / or update environmental policies, procedures, training programs, and other EHS systems as necessary to support company operations. EHS systems may include, but are not limited to:
- Waste (e.g., hazardous, universal, other regulated, etc.) permitting, management, tracking, and reporting
- Environmental aspects and impacts
- Air emissions (e.g., generators, SF6 gas, etc.) permitting, tracking, and reporting
- Environmental vendor and supplier management
- Dust mitigation plans
- Emergency response
- Monitor statutory and regulatory environmental develops and assess potential impact on Company.
- Ability to work in a matrixed, team-oriented, environment.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in the environmental field.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of statistics, data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of federal and state EHS legal requirements (e.g., CWA, CAA, ESA, OSHA, EPA, DOT) and industry standards (e.g., ISO, ANSI, NFPA, CGA).
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Willing to travel: up to 25%.
How we set you up for success:
At MN8, we know our most valuable resource is our people. That’s why we offer the following benefits. By investing in you, we know we are investing in the clean energy of tomorrow.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) with competitive employer match
- Hybrid work schedule including a “work from anywhere” allocation
- Parental leave
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital or familial status.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now