Director, Business Development
Location: New York, NY
Department: Revenue & Commodities
You will play an instrumental role on the business development team, working to execute on strategies in our Distributed Generation and Inside Sales business segments. You will be given significant responsibility across the full deal lifecycle, and be exposed to high-profile transactions within a growing, entrepreneurial business.
- Developing business opportunities within our Distributed Generation and Inside Sales segments including solar, battery storage, EV charging, and other distributed clean energy technology. These include originating new opportunities with new customers as well as developing additional business with MN8’s existing customers.
- Coordinating with external partners and internal teams to lead and execute on business development opportunities till final handoff with Asset Management
- Working with internal teams to identify and execute against cost reduction projects within our existing portfolio of solar and storage assets
- Developing investment theses for new market and technology opportunities
- Drafting investment memoranda and presenting to MN8 Energy’s Investment Committee
- Fulfilling a lead role in the business development organization on developing strategies, executing on opportunities, and mentoring junior team members
- 7-10 years of prior work experience, with at least 5 years in the renewable energy industry, preferably in a business development or a sales engineering role
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong analytical skills
- Passion for renewable energy industry (existing knowledge and experience is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to self-direct, analyze and evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a wide variety of people
- Proven ability to close deals
- Project finance modeling and structuring experience is a plus, but not required
- Experience in behind-the-meter energy management in either battery storage or demand response is a plus, but not required
In New York City, the base salary for this position at the time of this posting ranges from $175,000 to $250,000. Within that range, individual compensation varies based on job-related factors including but not limited to experience and training, licensure and certifications and other business and organizational needs.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now