Back to all career opportunities
Data & Performance Engineer
Location: Madrid, Spain
Department: Tech Ops - Performance
Work type: Full-time
Reports to Performance Engineering Manager (Boca Raton, FL)
- Create and maintain Database (DB) to do the following and more:
- Characterize individual assets with respective metadata/attributes
- Connect DB with DAS/SCADA systems in each operating PV and BESS asset
- Extract and warehouse performance data from each PV and BESS asset
- Record performance events and push them to GSRP’s asset management platform via API
- Create and maintain Python scripts to do the following and more:
- Model PV energy production and BESS performance
- Automate identification and classification of underperformance in all PV and BESS assets
- Automate dynamic washing schedule for all PV assets in fleet
- Scrape and organize important data from excel and pdf documents
- Interface with 3rd party APIs
- Serve as knowledge center for all production and operating data. Tasks include:
- Create visualizations of fleet performance for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Present narrative for reporting period supported by custom analysis and visualizations
- Verify all production numbers for external reporting
- Lead onboarding of new sites into GSRP’s system which will include:
- Verification of accurate and consistent data flow within DAS/SCADA
- Verification of proper site functioning & recommendations for repair based on design parameters
- Verification of accurate environmental sensor readings
- Coordinate with GSRP engineering to ensure DAS/SCADA systems are being properly designed, built and integrated with 3rd party DAS/SCADA providers and provide feedback for future projects
- Manage relationships between GSRP and 3rd party DAS/SCADA and Satellite/Weather data providers
- At least 3 years of experience in solar asset management and/or operations with good understanding of solar project technical characteristics
- Experience with BESS technology, wind and other renewables a strong plus but not required
- Engineering or similar degree or relevant job experience
- Expertise or strong competency in data analytics and modeling using Python
- Expertise or strong competency in database creation and management using SQL or equivalent
- Proficient in: Excel, Word, Smartsheet
- Very organized and able to multitask effectively
- Good communicator both written and verbal skill
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and determination to complete difficult projects.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Highly developed sense of professional ethics.
- Ability to work both on a team as well as independently.
- Proficient in Spoken and Written English
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Commitment to quality.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now