Civil Engineer – Solar + Storage
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Departments: Engineering; Technical Operations
MN8 Energy is one of the largest independent solar energy and energy storage owner-operators in the U.S., serving enterprise customers with clean energy and complementary solutions, such as battery storage and EV Charging, to enable an electrified, decarbonized world. Originally founded inside of Goldman Sachs in 2017, our fleet has grown to nearly 3-gigawatts of solar, including 850 projects across 27 states, and over 270 megawatts of battery storage projects, with each project tailored to achieve the bold decarbonization targets and goals of our more than 200 blue-chip customers. MN8 is headquartered in New York with offices in Boca Raton, Florida and Madrid.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Civil Engineer – Solar + Storage will work in a team environment, on a variety of engineering projects related to solar and/or solar plus storage plants and EV projects. The Civil Engineer position will touch on all aspects of the project’s site selection, site design & permitting, construction, and operation maintenance of those facilities. The Civil Engineer will work with Development, Engineering, Construction and Asset Management team with due diligence, site and jurisdictional constraints, constructability reviews, standards, specifications, scopes, and site visits pre, during and post construction.
As the Civil Engineer – Solar + Storage, you will:
- Support project development workstreams in site review (including site visits, desktop research, and review of 3rd party reports/investigations) and preliminary site layout designs accounting for environmental constraints-wetlands/waterways/sensitive environmental features, flood zones, topography, underground hazards, other existing physical and jurisdictional constraints.
- Support creating internal standards pertaining to detail site layout and grading; drainage and stormwater management design; utility design; and erosion and sediment control design.
- Review of design packages- 30/60/90/IFP/IFC/ as-built design process, serving as a plan/report reviewer, providing internal guidance to the team on the impacts of design decisions, and external guidance to the contractor & EOR on our internal standards / institutional knowledge / experience as may influence our expectations in design.
- Support Project Managers through the construction process including civil related technical reviews, plan reviews, field inspections, RFI/RFS, closeout inspections/documentation/document review, and change orders as needed.
- Upon hand off to O&M, this role will continue to provide support to projects as any civil issues occur, including but not limited to a review of erosion/road/fence issues as they come up, investigations as to root cause, and recommendations for remediation or as applicable direct scope for further investigation or remediation by 3rd parties.
- Work closely with Civil EOR and Development team to successfully complete permitting process, jurisdictions requirements and implement design with adherence to all codes and regulations applicable.
- Work with Development Engineering team to provide comments on internal designs, CAD reviews and listing comments from local AHJ and other permitting agencies into design.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of experience in Renewable Civil Engineering with excellent understanding of solar project technical characteristics for civil works.
- Experience in conducting site visits and evaluating technical issues in the field preferred.
- Experience with StormCAD, Hydroflow, ICPR and other industry accepted software and development of hydrology studies.
- High level of proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in detailed land development engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and determination to complete difficult projects.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Highly developed sense of professional ethics.
- Ability to work both on a team as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to interface effectively with cross functional employee group of all levels and competencies.
- A commitment to quality.
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now