CIO Office Operations
Location: Madrid, Spain
Department: Information Technology
Work type: : Full-time
We have an exciting opportunity to join AIRS in Madrid. AIRS is a professional services firm specialized in the renewable energy industry, with an active focus on the broader sustainability sector, with international footprint.
Working as CIO office operation, you will assist the CIO of the company in everything related to budgeting, IT procurement, IT asset management, reporting, and IT processes deployment. This role will be accountable for defining the most cost-effective and suitable way to manage those areas, including, internal procedures for managing them successfully (e.g., define the right tools to manage the budget, invoices, forecast, and reporting, operate those tools, as well as, gathering information from all stakeholders). This role must assume that none of those internal processes and tools are in place, and part of the responsibility is to formulate the right approach to face this challenge, it is not a handover
We need people with a high degree of enthusiasm and energy. It’s a unique challenge, in a newly created position, that includes responsibility for developing and operate procedures and tools, while delivering value to the business.
- IT Budget management.
- Budget preparation in an annual basis.
- Recording of recurrent OPEX cost for next years and optimization.
- Historical budget tracking by cost item.
- Expenses management.
- Invoices management and recording,
- Actual vs. Budget vs. forecast reporting.
- Checking invoice vs. product or service delivery accuracy.
- Vendor & Procurement management.
- IT Procurement management:
- Laptops and peripherals (HW).
- Software licenses.
- Domain acquisition and administration.
- Contract management and some negotiation.
- Propose contract content to be transferred to the budget.
- Asset Management.
- IT warehouse management.
- IT inventory management.
- IT stock management.
- Elaborate reporting to all committees where the CIO is represented.
- Gather timely and accurate information from IT sources.
- Identify specific metrics and mechanisms to measure the success of the role.
- Hands-on if required, e.g., most part of the budgeting and expenses management work is done by Excel, so a deep knowledge of this tool is a must.
- No travel is expected.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant IT background.
- At least 5 years of experience in this role.
- Finance knowledge.
- Previous experience in the renewable market will be a plus.
- Exceptionally collaborative, flexible, and adaptable when working with vendors and IT stakeholders.
- Experience in IT governance is a plus (e.g., to have been delivered processes and or tools within the ITIL framework).
- Experience of managing a range of projects or programs.
- Excel deep knowledge.
- Power BI knowledge is a plus.
- Jira ITSM knowledge is a plus.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now