Associate Project Developer
MN8 Energy is one of the largest independent solar energy and energy storage owner/operators in the U.S., serving enterprise customers with clean energy and complementary solutions, such as battery storage and EV Charging, to enable an electrified, decarbonized world. Originally founded inside of Goldman Sachs in 2017, our fleet has grown to nearly 3-gigawatts of solar, including 850 projects across 27 states, and over 270 megawatts of battery storage projects, with each project tailored to achieve the bold decarbonization targets and goals of our more than 200 blue-chip customers. MN8 is headquartered in New York with offices in Boca Raton, Florida and Madrid.
MN8 Energy LLC is seeking a motivated and talented individual to join our team as a Associate Project Developer. In this role, you will play a key role in the development of renewable energy projects (wind, solar, storage), from the initial concept stage through to project execution and operation. You will work closely with senior project developers and cross-functional teams to drive the successful completion of projects while adhering to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
As the Associate Project Developer, you will:
- Support senior project developers in all aspects of project development, including site selection, site acquisition, feasibility studies, permitting, and stakeholder management.
- Initiate project development concepts and strategies
- Conduct research and analysis to evaluate the economic viability and technical feasibility of renewable energy projects.
- Secure site control, including negotiating leases and easements with land owners for all necessary project real estate rights
- Support obtaining local, state, or federal permits necessary to construct and operate projects
- Collaborate with engineering, permitting, finance, and legal teams to ensure project plans are aligned with technical, financial, and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of project proposals, financial models, and business plans.
- Coordinate with external consultants, contractors, and vendors to ensure project milestones are met.
- Participate in project meetings, both internally and externally, and provide updates on project status and progress.
- Contribute to the identification and mitigation of project risks and assist in the implementation of risk management strategies.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, regulatory and federal, state and local policy changes related to renewable energy project development.
- Support the evaluation of potential project acquisition opportunities and conduct due diligence activities as necessary.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and share best practices within the project development team.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as engineering, environmental sciences, or business administration.
- Strong passion for renewable energy and sustainability.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience with knowledge of renewable energy technologies, project development processes, and relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data and make informed decisions.
- Experience in training in contract review and negotiation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload effectively.
- Detail-oriented with a strong focus on accuracy and quality.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to travel (25%) as required for project site visits and meetings.
How we set you up for success:
At MN8, we know our most valuable resource is our people. That’s why we offer the following benefits. By investing in you, we know we are investing in the clean energy of tomorrow.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) with competitive employer match
- Hybrid work schedule including a “work from anywhere” allocation
- Parental leave
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital or familial status.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now