Location: Boca Raton, FL
Department: Tech Ops - Engineering
The Operations Engineer will work in a team environment, on a variety of engineering projects related to solar and/or solar plus storage plants and electrical power system troubleshooting and improvement. The Operations Engineer will manage operating improvement initiatives, retrofit projects, reliability improvement projects, root cause analysis and major repairs in coordination with on and offsite support. The primary responsibilities for this position include the remediation and reliability improvement of existing operating assets and balance of plant equipment with opportunity for cross-over support of solar and battery storage assets supporting Asset management and O&M. The day-to-day activities have a wide degree of variety involving multiple operating projects simultaneously
- Planning, coordination and supervising on-site and off-site activities related to retrofit and repair of the company’s energy projects.
- Communication and coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to construction close-out, O&M, Asset Management (AM) related engineering activities.
- Coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimal utilization of resources as needed.
- Based on guidance from AM, O&M and Performance teams, evaluate equipment performance and behavior, report and recommend design or operational modifications. Make clear concise recommendations taking considerations of performance, timing, capital expenditures, and budgeting.
- Lead the root cause analysis and remediation plans for defective equipment, enhance the design of problematic parts to improve performance and reliability.
- Evaluate solar asset end-of-life extension and repower opportunities.
- Maintain and grow the solar and solar plus storage asset reliability program.
- Establish and manage relationships with service providers/ Owner’s Engineer to evaluate and supervise repair and or enhancement work stream. Ensure relevant standards are implemented for the successful return to service of repaired units in accordance with design and supplier standards.
- Plan, prepare, and instruct training programs as required to share field engineering and/or product knowledge with operations staff.
- Contribute to the creation and regular updating of engineering specifications leveraging lessons learned from operating plants.
- Provide subject matter expertise in driving the solution for any plant operations issues reported by internal team.
- Conduct work actions in compliance with industry standards for safety, quality, and environmental protection. Utilize technical expertise to enhance Renewable Power Group’s culture of safety. • Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- At least 3 years of experience in Solar Engineering with excellent understanding of solar project technical characteristics.
- Experience in Design and/or Operations of other renewable energy projects preferred.
- Experience in conducting site visits and evaluating technical issues in the field preferred.
- Engineering BSc Degree required in Electrical Engineering; Masters preferred.
- Expert knowledge of renewable energy engineering documents.
- Working knowledge of key renewable energy document types: project agreements and permits.
- Proficient in: AutoCAD, PVsyst, PlantPredict, Helioscope, Excel, Word, Smartsheet.
- Demonstrated experience preparing or managing outside consultants in preparation of load flow and other grid studies to determine feasibility on interconnection cost economics.
- National Electric code (NEC) knowledge preferred.
- Familiar with FERC, ISO rules and standards preferred.
- Very organized and able to multitask effectively.
- Good communicator both written and verbal skill.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and determination to complete difficult projects.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Highly developed sense of professional ethics.
- Ability to work both on a team as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to interface effectively with cross functional employee group of all levels and competencies.
- Commitment to quality.
Interested in applying to this position? Click below to submit your application.Apply now